October 9, 2012

Leftover Turkey Sandwiches





























This is definitely not the most glamorous sandwich in the world, but it is by far the most delicious. I love Thanksgiving (and all other turkey-based holidays), but I love the leftovers more. Ever since I was a child my mom has been making me turkey sandwiches for lunch after the Thanksgiving holidays, and since I moved out I have been perfecting the craft. Here is my recipe for delicious turkey leftovers:


Leftover Turkey Sandwich

2 slices of bread

1-2 slices of thinly sliced white turkey meat
1/2 cup of turkey stuffing
1/2 cup of mashed cranberry jelly
1 tsp margarine {or butter}

1. Spread the margarine onto both slices of bread. Spread the mashed cranberry jelly on top of the margarine, but only do this on one slice of the bread.


2. On the opposite slice of the bread (the one without the cranberry jelly), pile on the turkey stuffing. You can use as much or as little as you want; my measurements above are simply approximations for the amount that I like to use.


3. Layer the turkey on top of the stuffing, and then place the slice of bread with the cranberry jelly on top. Slice down the middle and enjoy!



Photo Credit: A Dash of Megnut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...