October 28, 2012

Pin of the Week: J Crew Bubble Necklace
















































This gorgeous necklace keeps popping up all over the place, in various colours. I love the sheer impact of it, as it takes an outfit from blah to beautiful. Thinking that I might try to score one for myself, I looked into where I could get one. Apparently the original of this beauty is sold by J Crew and it retails for a whopping $150 USD. That's a lot of money for some plastic baubles!

So I did a little more searching and I found out that many people have re-created the necklace and are selling them on Etsy {if the link doesn't work, use the search term "J Crew bubble necklace" to get results}. The prices of the Etsy versions of this necklace are much more reasonable, as they typically range in price from $12 to $40 CAD. Even with shipping, these prices are less than a fraction of the original. Also, as the necklaces on Esty are handmade, they are available in a much wider range of colours than what is currently available on the J Crew website. And at such a reduced price, it means I could afford to make a statement in a few different colours!

Photo Credit: Dress Interest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...