November 12, 2012

Grilled Portobello Mushroom & Roasted Red Pepper Wrap


























Last night my husband and I were not really in the mood for dinner, as we had eaten a huge lunch prepared by my husband's Italian grandparents. Needless to say, lunch was delicious and we over-indulged, thus neither of us wanted to eat much when dinner time rolled around.

Despite my previous claims that I don't like cooking, I was actually in the mood to make something. I pinned this recipe a little while ago onto my 'lunch and dinner' board, as I thought it sounded delicious, and it certainly was. I would recommend this wrap to anyone, as it is healthy and delicious. This wrap is easily characterized as one of the best wraps that I have ever eaten, as the flavour is just amazing!


Grilled Portobello Mushroom & Roasted Red Pepper Wrap

Yield: 2 wraps

1 large red pepper
1 large portobello mushroom
1/2 sweet white onion
Olive oil {to taste}
Balsamic vinegar {to taste}
1 tsp powdered garlic
2 whole wheat soft tortilla wraps
2 slices of plain goat cheese

1. Pre-heat a George Foreman or Gordon Ramsay grill to medium heat.

2. Cut the red pepper, portobello mushroom, and onion into thick strips. Once the grill is up to temperature, place the vegetables on the grill and close the lid. Grill for five minutes.

3. Once five minutes has elapsed, open to grill lid and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the vegetables, to taste. Sprinkle the powdered garlic over the vegetables. Close grill lid and continue to grill vegetables for another six minutes.

4. While vegetables are grilling, plate two whole wheat wraps and place a thick slice of goat cheese on each of the wraps. As the cheese warms, spread it out slightly with a knife so that when the wrap is made it will be  fairly evenly distributed.

5. Once the vegetables are finished on the grill, divide the amount in half and place onto the wraps. Fold the wraps and place on the grill, fold side down, so that they do not open when grilling. Close the lid on the grill and grill the wraps for 3-5 mins each, to the desired crunchiness. Once grilling is complete, enjoy!


You can check out the original recipe here if you wish, as I have made a few changes to suit my own tastes. If you don't like goat cheese, another type of spreadable cheese {cream cheese perhaps?} may be a suitable substitute.

Photo Credit: BS In The Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...