December 22, 2012

Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe































Growing up, it wasn't Christmas unless my brother and I 'helped' my mom make and decorate sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Though I have yet to make gingerbread men on my own, I have kept the tradition of baking sugar cookies alive and well in my own house. Obviously my cookies never turn out looking as great as the ones pictured above, but the taste is for sure the same {if not better!}. Here is my sugar cookie recipe, in case you want to try this tradition in your home at the holidays:

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Yield: Approximately 40

1/2 cup white or brown sugar {I used white}
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt {I use sea salt}

1. Cream together sugar and butter. Once mixed, beat in the vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Chill the dough 3 to 4 hours before rolling.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F.
4. Roll out dough and cut cookies into desired shapes. Place cookies on a greased/lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake 7 to 12 minutes {I think I cooked them for 10 mins, just keep an eye on them to figure out the best time for your oven}.


** Please note that this recipe is from The Joy of Cooking, page 772.

Photo Credit: Fan Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...