December 9, 2012

Pin of the Week: Sapphire Nail Polish































You should all know by now that I am obsessed with nail polish. I can't seem to get behind this 'nail art' phenomenon that's currently all the rage {yet}, but I love nail polish nonetheless. Though I don't mind a good sparkle, shimmer, or metallic now and again, my absolute favourite kind of nail polish is a cream polish. I also tend to love heavy colours - the more punch they pack, the better.

This pin of the week is the gorgeous nail polish colour featured above: OPI's Sapphire in the Snow.  I love rich purples but I have always felt as though they are kind of tacky in a nail polish colour, until I saw this one. Though the picture does not do the colour true justice, in reality this colour goes on thick and dark and tends to look more black then blue/purple from far away. However, despite the black look there is a nice subtle purple that remains visible which seems to make the darkness of this colour less pungent; even though it is a bold colour, it has almost a sense of neutrality to it. Similar to the straight black nail, I think that Sapphire in the Snow is a nice variation on the theme.

Photo Credit: Yacking About Lacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...