December 27, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland




























































It has been such a long time since I have been inspired to pick up my camera and take pictures of anything. You may recall my failed attempts to photograph on a daily basis as a source of inspiration when I tried to complete the September Photo a Day Challenge; this clearly didn't work out well. So it was a pleasant surprise today when I saw my dog frolicking in the snow, and my first urge was to grab my camera.

You may remember my dog, Nala from my previous post about rescuing her from a shelter. She is a Husky-German Shepard cross, so naturally she loves to be outside in the winter. There is nothing that she loves more than snow, so when she realized that we had gotten about 6 inches of snow overnight, she kept begging to go outside and play in the backyard all day.

I was inspired to take Nala's picture today as I thought her blue eyes looked amazingly blue against the white of the snow. Also, she has the most expressive looks on her face when she is playing, and I thought it would be great to try and capture some of them. I am not sure how successful I was at doing so, but it was a god attempt nonetheless.

In the event that you want to take a better look at these pictures or want to check out some of my previous photography, please take a look at my Gallery by clicking on this link or using the side tab above.

Photo Credit: This & That

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...