January 1, 2013

Fig & Brie Appetizer Recipe

Last night as part of our New Year's Eve celebrations, my guests and I put together a charcuterie plate as our midnight snack. One of the most delicious appetizers {in my opinion} was a fig and brie cracker appetizer that I threw together on a whim. This is such a simple recipe {if you can even call it that} is so quick and easy, but it has such a great flavour that it appears much more impressive than it actually is. The flavours are superb simply because they offer a mix of salty and sweet flavours that are great alone or with a glass of wine. Here's what I did:


Fig & Brie Appetizer

Carr's crackers, original flavour
Brie cheese {sliced or wheel}
Fig, apple, and walnut spread

1. Spread the fig spread onto a cracker. It doesn't have to be even, and you can put as much or as little of the spread as you like.

2. Slice a piece of brie cheese that's about 1/8 inch thick {or approximately 4mm thick} and place on top of fig spread on the cracker.


And that's it! Super easy and incredibly delicious. I have also heard that the same recipe is very good when fig spread is substituted for red pepper jelly, but I have never personally tried this. If you have, your feedback would be appreciated!

Photo Credit: The Blog: Diva Entertains

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...