January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions



























I am not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions, as I think that they are more often than not a huge waste of time. How many times have you heard that someone has made a resolution to lose ten pounds? Many people never reach this goal, and the ones that do often pack those ten pounds {or more} back on over the course of the year, so their New Year's Resolution always remains the same thing: Getting rid of those annoying ten pounds.

I think the way that we approach the idea of the New Year's Resolution is totally wrong. In my opinion we shouldn't be resolving to make huge changes in our lives overnight; this is often too unrealistic to achieve and thus we are setting ourselves up for failure. You want to lose ten pounds? Why not resolve to eat better or set a goal for yourself to attend the gym twice a week instead. Making resolutions that impact on our lifestyle in a gradual way and are measurable are so much easier to actually maintain than the grandiose resolutions that we are prone to making.

Also, I disagree with the notion of waiting until a new year begins in order to make positive changes in one's life. Why not make that change right now? Didn't a wise man once say "Why put off until tomorrow that which you can do today?" I am pretty sure he was right. So I resolve not to make New Year's Resolutions, and rather I try to make changes here and there throughout the year when I first think of them. Do you believe in New Year's Resolutions? What are some of the changes you have resolved to make this year?

Photo Credit: Mistress Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...