February 4, 2013

It's Just Not Clicking

























I love photography. There are {few} things in the world as satisfying to me as taking the perfect picture, or capturing something on film in a way that is unusual or different; it is a never-ending challenge for me and my lens to capture something in a way that offers a new or unusual perspective. But lately I haven't been taking many pictures. In fact, I honestly can't remember the last time that I took my camera out of the case and took pictures just for the fun of it. For that matter, I can't remember the last time that I used my camera at all.

Looking back on my albums from the past several years, most of my photographs center around friends and travel. It's been a long time since I have hung out with my friends in a new or exciting situation that would warrant pictures being taken {Starbucks dates don't qualify haha} and I haven't been able to travel anywhere in a very long time {unless you count my daily commute into the city}. I will admit that there have been several times where I have been driving along the highway and various pieces of scenery will strike me as photogenic, but unfortunately I don't have my camera on me, and better yet, I can't stop in the middle of the highway to take the photo. It's such unfortunate timing.

I have read several articles and blog posts that offer advice on what to do when you have lost your sense of inspiration, but frankly, I haven't found these articles to be very helpful. I also thought that perhaps participating in a photo-a-day type of challenge might help me get out of this drought, but even that seems unappealing to me at the moment. Part of the problem I think is that I have nothing new to photograph, and I feel like all of my everyday objects are too mundane to make a nice picture. I guess that's the point of a photo-a-day challenge, to force you to look at everyday objects in a new way, but I am so uninspired that even that seems boring. Call it a rut I guess.

Photo Credit: Jarvie Studios Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...