April 1, 2013

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels


























Yesterday we celebrated Easter with a dinner hosted by some of my husband's extended family. While they took care of the main dinner accouterments, we were requested to bring either an appetizer, a side dish, or a dessert. Having seen this recipe for Cranberry Feta Pinwheels via Pintrest a little while ago, I opted to bring an appetizer, as a means of trying out the recipe. I am always a little skeptical when trying out a new recipe and taking it immediately to somewhere where others will be eating it {just in case it doesn't turn out}, but this recipe seemed very easy and somewhat foolproof - and it turned out perfectly!


Cranberry Feta Pinwheels

Yield: 48 Pinwheels

3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup (250 g) container spreadable cream cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onion
4 large whole wheat flour tortilla

1. Combine all of the ingredients - except the tortillas - and mix well.

2. Divide the mixture evenly onto each of the tortillas and spread.

3. Roll each of the tortillas very tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

4. To serve, cut each tortilla into twelve slices.


I found that in order to get the size of pinwheels I wanted {approximately 2 cm thick} I didn't get the predicted twelve pinwheels per tortilla. I actually got about 6-7 pinwheels per tortilla. Also, the ends of each tortilla are not usable {though delicious} so they can't be counted towards the pinwheel yield.

Making the recipe as is, I got a dinner-sized plate full of pinwheels. I was hoping to take a full serving platter full based on the estimated yield on the recipe; I feel that had I doubled the recipe I would have been able to achieve this amount. Considering how quickly they disappeared, I would suggest doubling the recipe. They are a delicious combination of sweet and salty and perfect for any event or dinner!

Photo Credit: Food.com

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, this looks really good! Definitely going to bookmark this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...